Monday, May 2, 2011

Fit for a Princess

Dear Emma,

Your momma is a crazy lady. Being the slave to celebrity gossip that I am, I could not miss the opportunity last Friday to watch the celebrity gossip equivalent of the superbowl. I don’t even feel like the superbowl is a equal comparison but if you said the Olympics or World Cup it might be a bit more accurate but those still only happen every 4 years. Sidenote: Although I hope you will take interest in some of your dad’s favorite things to watch on TV I assure you that I will always provide another viewing option if you do not care to watch these.

But I digress, back to the event of which the likes I had never seen in my lifetime. Yes, I am talking about the Royal Wedding. I was surprised at how interested in this event I had become. I am usually not one to follow the Royal news but eventually I was swept away with the excitement of the event and so I woke up at 5 am to watch it. I know that it might seem crazy but I felt like it was something I wanted to be able to tell you someday that I was up and saw it live when Prince William and Princess Catherine (formally known as Kate) got married. Your grandma and perhaps the originator of the craziness (you will see why later) has always told me how she woke up early in the morning to watch Prince Charles and Princess Diana marry and I wanted to me able to tell you the same story. Maybe you will inherit the crazy (who am I kidding you are destined to have it so just own it) and tell your kids that you watched the next generation of royals marry on TV – and god willing if I am around for it we will have one big party to celebrate together.

So how do you fit in during all of this crazyness? Aside from trying to put my US magazines in your mouth you also managed to get in on the action. Your grandma assures me that this is a genuine gift from the royal wedding and Wills and Kate sent it to you specifically with their apologies that you could not be extended an invite to the wedding but wanted to let you know that you were with them in spirit. In my humble opinion you should kindly let the new princess know that you would have preferred to borrow her Cartier tiara but it’s the thought that counts right?

Royally yours in craziness (and love),
Momma




Princess Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment