Thursday, February 24, 2011

Six Months

Dear Emma,

It boggles my mind to think that you six months old. That you have been with us an entire half of a year. When you were first born and the weeks were flying by I knew your first year would go by fast but I had no idea it would be this fast. I try not to get worry about it too much because I know I have to enjoy the moment and enjoy watching you grow up but its hard sometimes. It’s hard to imagine that you won’t always have that adorable gummy smile… that you won’t always want me to hold you and rock you to sleep at night… and that you won’t always be so amused when your daddy and I make goofy noises and faces when you are cranky and need some cheering up. So instead of getting stuck on wanting you to stay my itty bitty baby forever, I will focus on the positive.

Emma, you have brought so much joy into our lives in this last six months. When I’m having a crummy day at work I just close my eyes and think about you and count down the minutes until I get to see you. And when I walk through that door, nothing else matters because you are smiling and happy and I see those legs start kicking and I know you are happy to see me. One of my favorite things to do is to watch other people love on you. Because I have the great privilege of being your mommy I get to see you every day and am often the first person you see in the morning and the last person you see at night. For our other family and friends, they cannot wait to see you on the weekends and see what you are up to. I love to watch to see how genuinely excited they are to see your face and how much you have changed. I love to see the smiles on their faces as they watch the smile on yours. Anytime we are together with family you are the center of attention but I sometimes have a harder time deciphering if you are the happiest in the room or if it is everyone else who is happy because they are with you. You have brought so so so much more love and happiness into our family and I thank you for that. I thank you for giving me a reason to want to get up in the morning, a reason to get through every work day, and for a reason for me to love your daddy just that much more because he helped bring you into this world with me.

We love you so so much and I hope you never ever have a single doubt about how happy you have made us and undoubtedly how happy you will continue to make us. And I hope you know that we will no doubt continue to make those goofy noises and faces to make you smile J

Love,
Momma





Emma, Six Months

No comments:

Post a Comment