Monday, January 10, 2011

Four Months

Dear Emma,

This month's letter is a little late as you have been keeping your daddy and I very busy. On your four month birthday (which also happened to be Christmas Eve) you came down with your first cold. It was not a "first" that we were excited about celebrating. I have to say that I think it was one of the worst weeks of my life. I hated every minute of watching you be miserable - your normal smiley face was replaced with this pitiful looking sad face and constantly tired eyes. You had this little cough - each time it started it up, my heart stopped as I watched to make sure you could still breathe. When your fever hit 102, I think my heart did stop as we raced to call the doctor. It was a rough, sleepless week but on the bright side, I got to spend so many hours just hugging you and rocking you and being the only person that you wanted, which wasn't such a bad thing in my eyes. And although I knew it was wrong, I did love hearing your sweet little raspy voice as you tried to talk - I may have snuck a little video of it :)

Not that it wasn't already confirmed, but I think that week really solidified my understanding of how much you are loved. You were showered with love and gifts at Christmas. Even though you didn't understand a single thing that was going on, you were loved on so much over the holidays. I had to sit back and watch as people were literally fighting over who got to hold you. Everyone wanted their chance to hold you and be the recipient of your big gummy smiles. You received so many special and heartfelt gifts to celebrate the occasion and we were so touched that so many people went above and beyond for you. And as soon as you got sick, we received so many phone calls and people checking in on you every day because they knew how worried we were about you. You are just so loved it is crazy.

And no one loves you more than your mommy and your daddy. I realized a few weeks back that your daddy and I have started to talk obsessively about you when you're not around. After we put you to bed and get into bed ourselves, many nights we end up talking about you. About what you did that day, if you made a new discovery and we've even taking to imitating your faces to each other. You have just taken over all lives in such a whirlwind of love and excitement and we couldn't be happier fools to spend every waking moment obsessing over you!

Love,
Momma


Emma, 4 months

No comments:

Post a Comment