Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Separation Anxiety

This past Saturday was our first night out since Emma was born. Although Larry grudgingly goes to work every day and has had a few outings, this was new for me. In the last 6 weeks, I've only left Emma 3 times, all for an hour or less so going to a wedding in New York was tough.

One hour in, I was checking the time on my phone compulsively. I almost lost it in tears during a slow dance. But in the end? I was fine. Not fine enough to stay to stay long enough for dessert though as I made Larry leave around 11:00 so that we could be home and relieve the grandma of her babysitting duties. And boy did I miss the little one. I'm sure in a few years I will be dying to leave the house for 8 hours but not yet...

So I survived. It was a fun night and a great wedding. One of the coolest parts of the reception (which was pretty phenomenal) was a photo booth... evidence that I was able to loosen up and have some fun is below.


No comments:

Post a Comment