Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby, look how far you've come

I've been quiet recently. Mainly because I'm just tired. Tired of being told that I look ready to pop, tired of getting up multiple times in the middle of the night to pee, tired of having to start any phone call I make with "no i'm not in labor", but most of all just tired of being pregnant.


So instead of complaining (which believe it or not I have been trying to keep to a minimum) and instead of continuing to obsess over when we might meet her, I thought today I would look back on the day we first laid eyes on her.

It was January 18th at 9 weeks, 3 days when we saw our little chicklet for the first time...



I kid you not, the first time this little image popped up on the screen I blurted out "Holy shit there is a baby in there". Pretty sure the ultrasound tech was at that point thinking we were going to be un-fit parents but I didn't care. It's hard to believe that at this point, the chicklet was a grape (and for those of you keeping track at home in the fruit/vegetable game I had to remove the ticker because you know what comes after watermelon? Nothing. Nothing comes after watermelon, you're just f'd with a bigger watermelon in your belly). I also distinctly remember thinking that she looked mostly like a peanut with a huge head but we knew instantly that we loved her.

So little one, August 20th is the day that we've been looking forward to since December. And now that tomorrow is in fact August 20th, we are anxious as ever to meet you. The only question that remains is will you be a prompt little lady (taking of course after your always-on-time momma) OR will you make us sit and wait a little longer, take your sweet little time and stay in until the last possible moment (clearly taking after your daddy who is notorious for being on his own time time-table)?

No comments:

Post a Comment