Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goallllllll


So the World Cup wrapped up this past weekend. of course I didn’t watch as many games as Larry (although I did see my share of live and dvr’d taped games) the thing I most took away from the event is how different our lives will be in 4 years. When the World Cup returns, we’ll have a nearly 4-year old in our presence. She’ll have long outgrown the adorable soccer toy above but will there be another little one shaking that very same toy in his or her hand? For the record – this is something Larry brought up as we talked about this the other night… as for me, I’m most concerned with getting this one out and keeping her alive, never mind family planning ahead 4 years!

But really, I can remember the last World Cup so clearly. We were living in Boston, working at different jobs, living in an apartment outside of the city and living a completely separate life from the one that we are living right now. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving this current life but just crazy to think about where we were 4 years ago and how much has changed since then and what could possibly change in the next 4 years. I guess for now, I’ll just keep living in the moment with my soccer loving husband and our little chicklet who has been making soccer kicks of her own lately in my belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment