Sunday, June 20, 2010

Firsts

A few weeks ago I received the most sweetest belated Mother’s Day gift from the mother of a dear friend. Aside from an adorable gift, the beautifully wrapped package had a tiny book wrapped up in the bow.

Larry and I have long been fans of the famous Dr. Suess and Larry actually has his very own copy of “Oh the Places You’ll Go” which was given to him on his first day of his by his first big boy post-graduation job (from the company nonetheless!). We’ve toted the book as we have moved along from Boston to Connecticut and I always knew it would end up on a baby’s bookshelf in our house but this new little book was something I had never seen. Turns out “Oh, Baby, The Places You’ll Go is actually an adaptation of the famous book meant to be read to a baby in utero. I of course thought that this was adorable and had a feeling that Larry might take a liking to it as well.

So, last week one night as we were laying in bed, Larry took out the book and decided to read the chicklet her very first book. It was such a sweet moment and I had tears in my eyes as I could picture this being the first of thousands of time that I will watch him read to our little girl. And then the best thing of all happened, Larry was able to feel the babe kick for the very first time which I know he has been hoping for so much.

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW, I didnt know about this book, but how awesome. And such a cute story.

    ReplyDelete