Thursday, June 17, 2010

Best Christmas Present Ever



Please forgive my lack of posting as it is directly related to the “holy crap we’re having a baby in 10 weeks” frenzy that has been taking over the Ciccarelli household recently. Yes, you read that correctly, as of last Friday we are 10 weeks out (and yes, I’m ignoring that tomorrow means single digit weeks). Somehow we are back to a cabbage (of a different variety I guess) and the little one is tipping the scales at 3 pounds. (Length: about 15 3/4 inches, head to heel.)

Since we are getting sooo close, I didn’t want to forget some important moments about this whole baby thing so I’m taking a trip down memory lane to remember the day we found out we were expecting....

I had been feeling kind of crappy for about 4-5 days, mainly at night and suspiciously after I had eaten big meals (one of which was Chinese food which may have been the start of my extreme distaste). Then one night as we were driving home late (on a school night) from a friend’s house I felt so nauseous that I might get car sick (and if you know us well, you know that the only Ciccarelli with constant car sickness is mr. lawrence). I kind of wondered out loud, half serious/half joking “hey, I wonder if I’m knocked up”.

Flash forward to about 5 AM the next morning on December 23rd when all was confirmed when I bounded out of bed as soon as I woke up to use the bathroom. I sat in the bathroom for a few minutes trying to figure out the best way to share the news and settled on bounding down the hallway, flinging open the bedroom door and then practically jumping on top of him while shoving the stick in his face so close that I’m surprised he could even tell what it was. Although not the most creative way to tell the love of my life that he was about to be a father but well within our previous agreement of it only being acceptable to wake him up that early in the morning in case of important news to share or if he was lucky enough to get some sort of action (I assure you that the latter almost never happens). Anyway, that is the story of how our little chicklet officially became our best Christmas present ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment