Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome Home (Brazil Sucks)

One night last winter I got caught up in a Dateline NBC special about David Goldman and his fight to bring home his son Sean who was abducted by his mother and being held in Brazil. You can read about the whole story here, I honestly could not believe my eyes and ears when I heard this tragedy. My heart broke for this poor father just trying to be with his son. I've followed the story off and on for the last year or so and watched as tears were brought to my eyes last week when father and son were reunited on Christmas Eve. I think it's nothing short of a miracle that these two were reunited on one of the best days for family in the entire year. So glad to actually hear something good on the news!

Now given this situation, I have given some recent thought to my future children's travel. Brazil is a no. Thanks to Natalie Halloway, Aruba is out as well. And really, we should just rule out all of Europe since Liam Neeson kicked some serious abductor ass in Taken last year. Sorry, unborn children, I'm not budging on this one. I might give you spring break in Mexico but given my own experiences there, I'm not making any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment