Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year, Happy Birthday!

January 1st 1984 - Larry's First Birthday

Another January 1st is upon us which means the fresh start of a new year. 2010 has all the makings of a big year for us. I can't say much about 2009 - sure we went to some great weddings, larry got a new job, we paid off all of our credit card debt and we saved alot of money but.... that's it. I guess 2008 was such a big year that 2009 was more of a quiet year for us. The decade brought some good things though - we both graduated high school and college (plus a masters for Larry), moved to CT to make a life together and got married - so I guess I can't complain about the 00's (if that's what you call it). I won't even lie and pretend to say that we're going to make resolutions, because we won't keep them. It's not worth it, I know we won't. And that's OK. But we've got some big goals for 2010 and are very much looking forward to seeing where this year takes us.

January 1st also marks the 27th anniversary of the day that Lawrence Anthony Ciccarelli III graced the earth with his presence. Coming in as a teeny baby and growing up to be a wonderful and loving man. Happy Birthday, love. I know that the only thing you want to do today is to sit on the couch in your South Park pajamas, watching movies and drinking Pepsi and being generally left alone, but you're just going to have to excuse me because I'm going to help you celebrate your birthday the best way I know how - loving on you and enjoying the start of our new year together. The only thing that is sad about this day is that it also reminds me that I will have to turn 27 in a few short months....

No comments:

Post a Comment