Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday Favorites (Day 12): Spending Time With Family


Without a doubt, my favorite thing about the holiday season is spending time with family. I can probably be heard over and over throughout the month of December saying how I hate the shopping for gifts because it's not the most important part about Christmas. The busy shopping malls and stressful process of selecting, paying for and wrapping (ok I do love the wrapping) makes Christmas seem a little less like a family holiday and a little more like a retailer's dream.

What I'm looking forward to the most tonight and tomorrow is spending time with family. We'll spend the day today and tonight with my mother and sister and join in on the Ciccarelli family craziness tomorrow. I love the close knit family time that we'll spend together, laughing and enjoying each other's company. I so look forward to watching the little kids open their gifts and get excited. Most of all, I look forward to spending another holiday season with Larry and hope that at a Christmas in the very near future, we will have another stocking to hang for a new little wide-eyed Ciccarelli to get excited about (much like the little Larry III shown above in his very first Christmas picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment