Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday Favorites (Day 1): Holiday TV Commercials

Seeing that it is December 1st (by the way - holy crap, how is that even possible?), I thought I would get in the hoilday spirit and start a theme this month. In honor of the traditional "12 Days of Christmas", I'll be listing my "12 Favorite Things About the Holidays". So here's day 1...



It’s no secret that I love TV. Well I also am strange in the fact that I love commercials. One of the first signs that I know it’s Christmas time is when I see the Hershey Kisses holiday commercial. I’m talking about the one where those adorable little chocolate kisses ring like bells to “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” It’s so simple and I love it. And I love that the good people over at Hershey’s haven’t changed the ad by touching it up or modernizing it at all over the years. I’m pretty sure it’s the same ad that’s run for years (almost 20?) and that’s why I love it.

I was getting ready for work one day last week and had the Today show on in the background and as soon as I heard those familiar bells I stopped and smiled because I knew it was Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment