Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's that time again...


When Larry and I first starting living together, we started a tradition. All year long, we would collect change in a jar on his dresser and wouldn't touch it for any reason other than vacation. Each time we take a vacation (which has pretty much amounted to once a year), I dump out the contents and roll the change. We typically use this money for breakfast at the airport, cabs from the airport to the hotel and things like that. I look forward to this every year because not only is it found money but I secretly love rolling change. It's weird, I know... but I've always loved it ever since I was little. It's so therapeutic to me to dump out a huge pile of quarters and wrap into the tiny colored papers. I put on a movie or a tv show and can sit for hours doing it.

This year's grand total - $125. So you know what that means? We're leaving for Puerto Rico today to celebrate Jeff and Autumn's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment