Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Yankees Win...Theeeeeeeee Yankees Win!



Sorry this post is coming so late in the week. I wanted to share with you all the amazing experience I had at the new Yankee Stadium last Friday. First, let me say that I was going into the new stadium with hopes that I would not like it. I think the way the Yankees have treated the common fan this off season has been a real bummer. I THOUGHT I wanted nothing more than to see ticket sales plummet. Welp...after getting to the stadium and walking around, I was in awe.

As you walk into the stadium you are treated to what's known as the "Great Hall." The Great Hall is an open air concourse that separates the outside of the stadium from the inside. It contains banners of past and present Yankee greats as well as HDTV's, vendors, and memorabilia everywhere.

Once you move past the Great Hall into the inner field area you are treated with extremely wide concourses, AWESOME vendors (including Johnny Rockets, Lobel's, pulled pork sandwiches, sushi, garlic fries, and most importantly...ALL THE PEPSI YOU CAN DRINK!), picture montages of all of the Yankees 26 championships, more HDTV's, and awesome views of the field from all the concourses.

Our seats were located in section 205. This is the area that all the home runs were hit that day. We're underneath the overhang of the suite section and our seats are on the isle. We are about 15 feet from a Coors Light Tap and right near a Johnny Rockets.

All in all, it was an awesome experience. click on the picture at the top of this post and check out a slideshow of the game. The first picture is a panarama shot I put together from our seats.

That's all I have in me for the moment...later

No comments:

Post a Comment