Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Wait is OVER!!!



YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY. 40 days of utter pain is finally over. I'm talking about my giving up of the deliciousness that is Pepsi for Lent.

First let me give you a little history of the love/hate relationship between the cola and myself. I'm not a coffee drinker, so if I need a little pick me up in the morning, Pepsi is my go to drink. I find that Pepsi goes well with everything. A nice piece of bacon pizza or some wings with a huge glass of Pepsi really revs my engine. I have been known to put down a whole six-pack in one sitting. So when Lent started and everyone was coming up with things to give up Pepsi was really the only logical choice.

The first couple of days weren't so bad as I was able to curb my cravings with homemade Iced Tea. That is until Marli told me that my version of "Iced Tea" (which happens to include about 50% more that the recommended scoops) wasn't much better than drinking heaven's cola.

The latter half of the 40 days were terrible. Tax season was in full swing, and with early mornings and late nights, Pepsi would have been there for me. Through thick and thin, it would have been there, nurturing me...pushing me to the finish line that is April 15th.

Anyways. Today was the big day. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Marli and I decided to go out for Breakfast as I prefer the fountain variety to cans or bottles. As I placed my order I realized I would be receiving Coke. "No Biggy" I thought. I CAN actually tell a difference, but I didn't think it would make that big of deal. WRONG. I felt like Ralphy, opening all my gifts...but still hoping for the red rider Beebe gun.

There was only one course of action that could remedy this. A Big Gulp from 7-11. At around 3:30pm eastern standard time I walked out of 7-11 with a fountain Pepsi and took a sip of the nectar of the gods. It completed my day.

There are a few events in my life that I will be able to vividly remember for the rest of my life. My Wedding is one. The birth of my child will most definitely be one. April 12th, 2009 at 3:30pm may just be another.

Thank you Pepsi Cola. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. you are crazy but i love you... hopefully you love me more than you love pepsi :)

    ReplyDelete